Twenty under twenty. Thirty under thirty. Forty under forty. There’s no shortage of lists of people under a certain age who are making significant contributions to their communities. It’s time to recognize that possibilities shouldn’t be limited by age. It’s time to change the stories we tell ourselves about aging. It’s time for a new list.
In August, we will present a 50 Over 50 list to recognize and celebrate their courageous, compassionate, and selfless acts of service. Our listeners will nominate and choose notable individuals over the age of 50 who are giving their all as they care for others, reimagine their careers and businesses, and give hope to our communities. They don’t adhere to the belief that our capacity to blaze a trail or shake things up diminishes as we age. They’re living life on their own terms and improving the lives of others all at the same time.
Categories For Nomination:
- Faith & Family
- Arts & Entertainment
Nominees from each of the five categories are judged on what they’ve done to lead and inspire others, make an impact on their community, and show value through their actions.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
- The nominee must be at least 50 years old when nominations close.
- The actions on which the nomination is based must have an impact on at least one community in Northwest Louisiana.
- The recipient must live in Northwest Louisiana.
- This is not a posthumous award.
- You cannot nominate yourself.
- Couples or business partners will be counted as a singular nomination.
The final list of 50 Over 50 honorees is determined by the KOKA Nation (Station Fan Club), comprised of listeners and supporters of KOKA Radio Station. Two members each will review nominations within each category.
The nomination period will be open until 11:59 PM on Friday, June 16, 2023. Alpha Media will conduct an initial review of nominations and submit a robust list of nominees to KOKA Nation to ensure the integrity of the process and company. However, they will make the final determination of which seven nominees in each category are chosen. One person will be selected as the person of the year at the 50 Over 50 event.
- Avoid generalizations. Be specific.
- Tell a story that distinguishes your nominee from other accomplished leaders in Northwest Louisiana.
- Provide concrete details about your nominee’s impact.
- Give specific examples of how your nominee positively impacts people’s lives.
- Give specific examples of how your nominee’s contributions make the community better or different.
50 Over 50 (2)
Nominations of 50 Over 50