Get Involved: C. Wright Pink Ribbon Project
- To impact breast cancer in our community through education, awareness, and support
- To provide ongoing emotional assistance to underserved and underinsured patients undergoing breast cancer treatment
- To contribute financial sponsorship allowing patients to focus on survivorship and recovery
- To collaborate with community agencies to provide comprehensive services to breast cancer patients in the Bossier and Shreveport area
- Our vision is simply to help ease the emotional and physical suffering of breast cancer.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer during her lifetime.
- Prevention is the key.
- Together, WE can impact our community.
What the Project Funds
Financial assistance to provide :
- Transportation to and from medical appointments
- Doctor/facility co-payments and pharmacy expenses
- Monetary support to maintain necessary living expenses.
We will also personally support breast cancer patients during the diagnosis, treatment, and recovery phase of this devastating illness.
The C. Wright Pink Ribbon Project (501 © (3) is a collaborative effort of the Multi-Cultural Developmental Center and Stonewall Missionary Baptist Church. Named in honor of 9-year breast cancer survivor Catherine A. Wright, the C. Wright Pink Ribbon Project is aimed to help breast cancer survivors across two parishes (Bossier and Caddo). The core objectives are to provide access to resources pertinent to overall health, mental, and emotional care.