The following are closures in our area as a result of the threats posed by Hurricane Laura, which is expected to make landfall as a Category 3 or Category 2 storm.
- Bossier School District: All Bossier schools and centers will be closed Thursday, August 27, in anticipation of severe weather from Hurricane Laura.
- Providence Classical Academy: The school will be closed on Thursday, August 27.
- Bossier Parish Community College: BPCC will close 12:00 noon on Wednesday, August 26, and remain closed through Friday, August 28. All classes (including online, on-campus, and clinical) are canceled while the College is closed. Updates and emergency information will be posted on BPCC’s website and communicated through email and the Cavs Alert System. Emergency alerts may be sent by text or email.
- Caddo School District: School is canceled for Thursday, Aug. 27, and Friday, Aug. 28. In a news release, it states, “The district will provide virtual instruction on both days; however, students will not be penalized if they lose power, do not have a device or are unable to access coursework.” Kindergarten students, who were scheduled to start school on Thursday and Friday through a staggered schedule, will all start school on Monday. Virtual students who receive meals weekly through the district will pick up meals on Monday afternoon rather than Friday afternoon.
- LSU-Shreveport: All campus offices and facilities closed Thursday. All face-to-face classes, including hybrid classes, also canceled for the day. Online classes will continue as scheduled. Drive-thru wellness stations will close at 4 p.m. Wednesday. A decision about campus operations Friday will be announced at about 2 p.m. Thursday. Click here for updates lsus.edu or visit the school’s social media platforms. Also, monitor LSUS email accounts and watch for emergency messages via RAVE alerts.
- Evangel Christian Academy: The school announced classes will be canceled for Thursday, August 27.
- First Baptist Church School: The school announced it will be closed on Thursday, August 27, and Friday, August 28.
- Caddo Parish Head Start & Caddo Community Action Agency, Inc.: Both will be closed on Thursday, August 27, and Friday, August 28.
- Northwest Technical Community College: Campuses will close at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, August 26, and will remain closed through Friday, August 28. Classes will resume on Monday, August 31.
- Southern University at Shreveport: All Southern University at Shreveport campus sites will close at 3 pm Wednesday, August 26, and remain closed through the weekend. All classes will be canceled. The University will resume classes and normal operations on Monday, August 31.