Top 10 Benefits of Lemon Water
Do you keep lemons handy and in supply at home? They provide several benefits and can be used in several ways, including combined with water.
There are at least 10 benefits of lemon water to consider for implementing in your routine.
Is lemon water good for you?
Because lemons are nutritious with vitamin C and antioxidants, using lemons in water helps your body in many ways.
Examples of these benefits of using lemon water include improving your digestive system, boosting your immune system, and fighting infections.
What does lemon water do to your body?
With the minerals that are in lemons, consuming a cup of lemon water can provide several effects on your body, targeting several issues that you might need lemon water to assist you in improving.
Ten (10) benefits of drinking lemon water
- Lemon water detox – Lemon water alone does not make a good detox but adding fiber to your lemon water can help serve as a detox that helps boost your energy, exercise performance, and mental health.
- Lemon water for weight loss – The taste can encourage people to drink more – over plain water – due to the citrus and tart flavor; consuming it curbs the appetite and helps with binging on sweets.
- Lemon water for skin – Can hydrate, nourish, and revitalize the skin due to the nutrients and vitamin C in lemons. These improvements, along with flushing toxins, can reduce wrinkles and keep the skin healthy and supple.
- Lemon water for blood pressure – Can regulate and lower blood pressure and maintain heart health due to the potassium in lemons.
- Lemon water for bloating – Can stimulate healthy bowel function by reducing bloating and stimulating bowel movements.
- Lemon water for kidneys – The citric acid in lemons can help break down calcium crystals that can build up into a small, hard mass that must be removed from the body, also known as kidney stones.
- Lemon water for the liver – Can serve as a liver detox because lemons assist with removing toxins, which can cause many health issues over time if they accumulate in the blood. Too many toxins can contribute to aches, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, and memory loss.
- Lemon water for digestion – Can promote healthy digestion and ease constipation and gas if you drink a cup of it on an empty stomach.
- Lemon water for the immune system – Can boost your immune function and electrolytes because of the vitamin C in lemons. You can add lemon juice, ginger root, and honey to a hot cup of water for an enhanced immune drink.
- Lemon water for fresh breath – Can alleviate bad breath caused by bacteria and lingering food particles in the mouth. The lemon water also stimulates the production of saliva to help flush the mouth and keep the mouth hydrated.
Disadvantages of drinking lemon water daily
Keep in mind that lemons contain acid, so excessive intake of lemon juice may cause tooth decay or enamel erosion.
Other disadvantages include heartburn, nausea, vomiting, and other gastroesophageal reflux symptoms.
It is important to consume lemon water in moderation, so sticking to a rule of ½ a lemon per cup is advised (experts say that the juice of two lemons per day, maximum, is healthy).